Randi Weingarten "has been president of the United Federation of Teachers (UFT), which represents more than 140,000 active and retired educators in the New York City public school system, since 1998. She is also a board member of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) and a member of the AFT Executive Committee. A vice president of the New York City Central Labor Council of the AFL-CIO, she heads the city Municipal Labor Committee, an umbrella organization for some 100 city employee unions. Weingarten serves on a number of boards, including the New York Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NYCOSH); the Anti-Defamation League, New York Region; the United Way of Greater New York; The International Rescue Committee; and the newly formed Math for America. She is also on the advisory boards of Operation Public Education at the University of Pennsylvania and the Haan Foundation for Children."
- Director, Working for America Institute 
- Director, Albert Shanker Institute
- Director, Drum Major Institute
- Board of Overseers, International Rescue Committee
- Signatory, The 99% Spring 
- "Biography", Albert Shanker Institute, Accessed November 2006.
Resources and articles
- John Stauber, The Progressive Movement is a PR Front for Rich Democrats, March 15, 2013, CounterPunch.