Race and Community APPG
The Race And Community Group exists 'to bring about a more equal and cohesive society through raising awareness of issues affecting the diverse multi ethnic communities within multi cultural Britain; to seek to influence the development of public policy capable of achieving greater equality and cohesion; to raise awareness of racism, racial discrimination, and those elements of best practice capable of eroding racial discrimination; to bring about greater empathy and understanding between different ethnic and racial groups within society; to press the case for mainstreaming, not just racial equality issues but all equality issues, within the government s legislative programme'
- Chair: Diane Abbott MP (Lab)
- Vicechair: Peter Bottomley MP (Con)
- Vicechair: Simon Hughes MP (LD)
- Vicechair: Baroness Howells of St Davids (Lab)
- Vicechair: Marsha Singh MP (Lab)
- Secretary: Harry Cohen MP (Lab)
- Treasurer: Keith Vaz MP (Lab)
- Contact: Mr Harry Cohen MP, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. Tel: 020 7219 6376.
£1250 from Project Fullemploy; £500 from the Windsor Fellowship; some administrative support provided by the Millennium Britons Institute (registered March 2003).
Other SourceWatch resources
- All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Subject Groups
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Country Groups
- "Register of All-Party Groups", United Kingdom Parliament. (List dated 16 September 2004.)