Punagaya power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Punagaya power station, also known as Jeneponto power station or PLTU Jeneponto, is a 520-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in South Sulawesi Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the plant, in Bangkala District, Jeneponto Regency, South Sulawesi Province. Planet satellite photos show construction progress from March 2016 to April 2018.
Background on Plant
In 2012, Bosowa announced plans to build a second phase at Punagaya. After initially planning to build a single additional 300-MW unit, Bosowa in March 2015 broke ground on a project to build two additional 125-MW units at Punagaya, at a cost of $300 million. Financing was provided by domestic and Chinese banks. The plant is scheduled to go online in 2017. Construction is being managed by PT Sumberenergi Sakti Prima (SSP).
PT PLN's 2015-2024 long range supply plan includes "Jeneponto 2" (2 x 125 MW in 2018/2019) and "Punagaya (FTP2) (2 x 100 MW in 2017/2018.) The "Punagaya (FTP2)" appears to be the same as the Takalar power station. In the 2017-2026 long-range plan Units 3 and 4 are scheduled for 2017 and 2018. The long-range plan for 2018-2027 plan lists a completion date of 2018 for both units.
- Sponsor: Bosowa Group
- Parent company: Bosowa Corporation
- Location: Punagaya village, Bangkala District, Jeneponto Regency, South Sulawesi Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -5.617881, 119.5511895 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 520 MW (Units 1-2: 2 x 125 MW, Units 3-4: 2 x 135 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2011 (Units 1 & 2); 2018 (Units 3 & 4)
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "PLTU Takalar 2 × 100MW in Jeneponto, South Sulawesi is Ready to be Built," PT PLN, February 28, 2013
- "Bosowa Group to Build Coal-Fired 300-Megawatt Plant in South Sulawesi," Jakarta Globe, August 13, 2012
- "Bosowa Starts $250m Coal-Fueled Plant In South Sulawesi" Muhamad Al Azhari, Jakarta Globe, December 20, 2012.
- Bosowa Energi Bangun PLTU Jeneponto Tahap II, Koran Tempo, 20 Mar. 2015.
- PLTU Jeneponto: Investasi Rp3 Triliun, Bosowa Siap Garap PLTU Unit 2, Bisnis.com, 19 Dec. 2012.
- Atasi Krisis Listrik di Sulsel, Bosowa Bangun PLTU Punagaya II, BeritaSatu, 19 Mar. 2015.
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2018-2027, PT PLN Persero, V-100
- Jokowi akan resmikan PLTU Punagaya dan PLTU Jeneponto, Kontan, Jul. 2, 2018