Peter Garrett, AM, MP, Labor Member for Kingsford Smith in the Australian House of Representatives and the Minister for Environment, Heritage and the Arts. 
Prior to his election to Australian Parliament in November 2007 he was active in the rock band, Midnight Oil, and on conservation issues.(Biography)
- Leader singer of band Midnight Oil from 1977-2002.
- Candidate for the Nuclear Disarmament Party in the 1984 Federal election. He stood unsuccessfully for the Senate in NSW.
- President of Australian Conservation Foundation 1989-93 and 1998-2004.
- Board member of Greenpeace International 1993-94.
- Patron, Frontline Film Foundation 
- Director, Chifley Research Centre
- Honorary Board Member, David Suzuki Foundation
Articles and resources
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Patrons, Frontline Film Foundation, accessed June 8, 2009.