background=CBE3AA | border=339933 | image=/images/3/35/Climatechangewords.jpg | width=100 | height=90| title=Portal:Climate Change | link=Portal:Climate Change | text=Learn more from the Center for Media and Democracy's research on climate change.}}
Peter Cleary is a former journalist and political communications manager. In 2002 he joined the American Conservative Union as deputy director, in charge of organizing the Conservative Political Action Conference. In 2000 he joined the Grocery Manufacturers Association as Manager, Public Policy Communications, where he was to "handle media relations and communications support for GMA’s Government Affairs and Science and Regulatory Policy Groups." Previously, Cleary had "most recently worked as a reporter for Investor’s Business Daily, where he covered politics and the federal tax and budget policy beat. Prior to this position, he served as Communications Manager and Coalitions Director for Americans for Tax Reform, headed by Grover Norquist, and assisted communications efforts at Citizens for a Sound Economy. Cleary began his career as a staff assistant for U.S. Representative Sue Myrick."
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Global Climate Science Communications Plan (1998)
- Americans for Tax Reform
- Investor’s Business Daily
- Citizens for a Sound Economy
- Grover Norquist
- American Conservative Union Names New Executive Director. CNSNews.com.
- Public Policy Update (pdf). Grocery Manufacturers Association (2000-10-30). Retrieved on 2010-01-02. “GMA Names Peter Cleary Manager, Public Policy Communications”
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|