Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pavol Demes "is the Director for Central and Eastern Europe of the German Marshall Fund, located in Bratislava. After receiving his doctorate in biology at Charles University and pursuing post-doctoral work at the University of Alabama, Pavol Demes emerged as a leader of the democratic movement and of the nonprofit sector in his native Slovakia. He is the founding president of the nonprofit Slovak Academic Information Agency (SAIA), and he served as director for international relations of the Education Ministry and as Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic in the initial democratizing period to mid-1992." 
- Editorial Advisory Board, democracy at large
- International Advisory Board, Democracy Coalition Project
- White House "Champion of Freedom" (2005) 
- Transatlantic Steering Group, Project on Democratic Transitions 
- Advisory Board, Global Political Trends Center 
Resources and articles
- ↑ Background on Participants "champions of Freedom", White House, accessed August 24, 2007.
- ↑ Transatlantic Steering Group, Foreign Policy Research Institute, accessed June 13, 2008.
- ↑ Advisory Board, Global Political Trends Center, accessed February 19, 2011.
- "Biography", democracy at large, Accessed March 2007.