Paulo Freire was a Brazilian educator and influential theorist of critical pedagogy. wiki
"In 1984, Blanca Facundo wrote a critique of Freire's ideas and her own experiences using his methods. Facundo's critique is a strong dissenting view to the largely uncritical admiration for Freire's work." 
Facundo on Freire 
- Brian Martin, "Editor's introduction"
- Blanca Facundo, "Freire-inspired programs in the United States and Puerto Rico: a critical evaluation"
- Comments on Facundo's essay published in Alternativas
- Robert Mackie, "Confusion and despair: Blanca Facundo on Paulo Freire"
- Blanca Facundo, "A reaction to a reaction"
- John Ohliger, Taking Freire and Illich seriously
- John Ohliger (ed.), Critical views of Paulo Freire's work
Other Critical Resources
- C. A. Bowers (ed.), Re-thinking Freire: Globalization and the Environmental Crisis (Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2005).
- C. A. Bowers, "Is Transformative Learning the Trojan Horse of Western Globalization?", Journal of Transformative Education, Vol. 3 No. 2, April 2005 116-125.