Patricia Kameri-Mbote "is currently Chair of the Dept. of Public Law, Faculty of Law, University of Nairobi where she specializes in gender and environmental law. She brings a diversified set of skills and experiences as a scholar and lawyer. At a research Director at the African Centre for Technology Studies she led a multi-country examination of the environment’s contribution to violence in East Africa. She is advocate of the high court of Kenya and participates in an extensive network of international environmental scholars and practitioners as Programme Director for Africa of the London based NGO International Environmental Law Research Center (IELRC) and currently Chair of the Kenya Nile Discourse (a civil society body that accompanies the Nile Basin Initiative). She is author of Property Rights and Biodiversity Management in Kenya, as well as numerous publications in journals such as the East African Law Journal, Journal of Environmental Law, University of Nairobi Law Journal, and Economic and Political Weekly." 
- Scientific Steering Committee, Global Environmental Change and Human Security 
- Advisory Committee, Strengthening Post-Conflict Peacebuilding through Natural Resource Management 
- Trustee, Kenya Land Conservation Trust 
- Kameri-Mbote, P. 2005. “Gender, Conflict and Regional Security” in Makumi Mwagiru (ed.), African Regional Security in the Age of Globalisation (Nairobi: Heinrich Böll Foundation), p. 83
- Kameri-Mbote, P. 2004. “The Impact of International Treaties on Land and Resource Rights” in Munyaradzi Saruchera (ed.), Securing Land and Resource Rights: Pan-African Perspectives (Cape Town: Programme for Land and Agrarian Studies, 2004), p. 48
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Patricia Kameri-Mbote, Global Environmental Change and Human Security, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Scientific Steering Committee, Global Environmental Change and Human Security, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Advisory Committee, Environmental Law Institute, accessed September 10, 2009.
- Trustees, Kenya Land Conservation Trust, accessed June 13, 2010.