The Pacifica Radio Network "was founded in 1949 by pacifist Lew Hill and pioneered listener-sponsored independent radio." It is comprised of the following five flagship stations, plus 84 affiliate stations across the United States: 
- KPFA 94.1 FM in Berkeley
- KPFK 90.7 FM in Los Angeles
- KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston
- WBAI 99.5 FM in New York
- WPFW 89.3 FM in Washington DC
In February 2008, Pacifica and Free Speech Radio News launched "Election Unspun," a daily radio news program that describes itself as "a special project for the 2008 US elections, both the national election and local elections," focused "on the issues that matter most to voters: the Iraq War; Foreign Policy; Health Care; the Environment; Labor; Education, and more." 
From their website: 
- Dan Siegel - Interim Executive Director
- Ursula Ruedenberg - Affiliate Coordinator
- Nathan Moore - National Program Coordinator
- Verna Avery Brown - Washington Bureau Chief
- Jon Almeleh - National Technical Director
- Pete Korakis - Website Project Manager
- Michael Yoshida - KU Satellite Operator
Former Executive Director, Sharon Maeda
- Jeff Blankfort, "THE ATTEMPT TO DISMANTLE THE PACIFICA NETWORK 1991-1999" (2000).
- Iain Boal, "From Farce to Tragedy: The New Crisis at Pacifica", Counterpunch, October 6, 2009.
- Tessa Stuart, "WBAI's Death by Democracy: Warring activists cause a legendary public radio station to implode", The Village Voice, September 4, 2013.
- Andrew Leslie Phillips, "Alarming Pacifica developments", The Unrepentant Marxist, January 14, 2014.
- James Dennis Wilcher - cofounder
- Greg Guma is a Vermont-based editor and author, and the former Executive Director of Pacifica Radio.
- Leslie Cagan - former chair
- Peter Lamborn Wilson
- Aaron Glantz
- Sarah Olson
- Bob Fass
- Kathy Engel
- Robert Kuttner
- Patrick Bond
- Celia F. Alario
- Jessica Duda
- Marci Lockwood - former manager
- Eileen Hazel
- Gary Null, Lisa Garr and Nita Vallens
- Deep Dish TV
- Suzi Weissman
- Blase Bonpane
- Sonali Kolhatkar
- Art Kunkin
- Ursula Ruedenberg, "The Pacifica Affiliates Report," December 2002.