Jump to navigation Jump to search
Orphan Crops are "those crops which are typically not traded internationally but which can play an important role in regional food security."
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Orphan Crops Programme (Kenya)
- Enhancing Agricultural Productivity Project
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa
- Traditional Food Plants of Kenya
- Crops for the Future
- Orphan Crops, Stanford University, Accessed February 26, 2011.
- Encouraging Adoption of Africa’s Orphan Crops (Kenya), Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa.
- Rosamond L. Naylor, Walter P. Falcon, Robert M. Goodman, Molly M. Jahn, Theresa Sengooba, Hailu Tefera, Rebecca J. Nelson, "Biotechnology in the Developing World: A Case for Increased Investments in Orphan Crops," Food Policy, Vol. 29 no. 1, page(s) 15-44, February, 2004.