Olivier De Schutter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Olivier De Schutter is the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food. His mandate in that role was approved by the UN Human Rights Council on March 26, 2008.
- "Olivier De Schutter (LL.M., Harvard University ; Ph.D., University of Louvain (UCL)), the UN Special Rapporteur on the right to food since May 2008, is a Professor at the Catholic University of Louvain and at the College of Europe (Natolin). He is also a Member of the Global Law School Faculty at New York University and is Visiting Professor at Columbia University.
- "In 2002-2006, he chaired the EU Network of Independent Experts on Fundamental Rights, a high-level group of experts which advised the European Union institutions on fundamental rights issues. He has acted on a number of occasions as expert for the Council of Europe and for the European Union.
- "Since 2004, and until his appointment as the UN Special Rapporteur on the right to food, he has been the General Secretary of the International Federation of Human Rights (FIDH) on the issue of globalization and human rights.
- "His publications are in the area of international human rights and fundamental rights in the EU, with a particular emphasis on economic and social rights and on the relationship between human rights and governance. His most recent book is International Human Rights Law (Cambridge Univ. Press, 2010)."
- Olivier de Schutter
- Université de Louvain
- Collège Thomas More
- Place Montesquieu, 2
- 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
- Fax: +32 10 47 24 03
- Email: srfood at ohchr dot org
- Web: [www.srfood.org www.srfood.org]
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food website, Accessed July 1, 2011.
- Mandate, Accessed July 1, 2011.
- Oliver De Schutter, Accessed July 1, 2011.