|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
National Power is a a privately-owned company which operates a coal fired power station in New South Wales, has interests in wind, solar and biomass projects.
Current coal-fired power stations
Handout from carbon tax package
National Power received $8,766,418.74 of the $1 billion cash payments given out in 2011/12 to the operators of the most polluting coal-fired power stations. The cash was paid from the Energy Security Fund which was established as a part of the carbon tax legislation passed in 2011.
National Power has offices in Oakland, CA, USA and Sydney, NSW, Australia.
329 Jefferson Street, Oakland, CA, USA 94607
Sydney Office: Level 16, 60 Carrington Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Phone: (02) 9279-0755
Fax: (02) 9279-1674
Email National Power: info AT nppartners.com
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- "About National Power", National Power website, acccessed May 2011.
- "Fossil", National Power website,accessed May 2011.
- Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency,"Generation complexes eligible to receive Energy Security Fund cash payments", Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency website, July 9, 2012.
- Australian Government, "An overview of the Clean Energy Legislative Package", Clean Energy Future website, accessed January 2013.
- Energy Security Council, "About the Council", Energy Security Council website, accessed January 2013.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|