According to the NOFA/Mass website:
- "NOFA/Mass is a community including farmers, gardeners, landscapers and consumers working to educate members and the general public about the benefits of local organic systems based on complete cycles, natural materials, and minimal waste for the health of individual beings, communities and the living planet.
- "We encourage methods of farming and gardening that can continue for generations because they show respect for the soil, water, and air which support us all.
- "We promote political and economic changes necessary to build a sustainable local agriculture that benefits rural, suburban and urban Massachusetts.
- "We are concerned about the dangers posed by pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers along with the growing destruction of topsoil caused by erosion and loss of humus.
- "We advocate sustainable growing practices which not only conserve but actually renew and improve our environment.
- "We are looking at improved access for all to organic food and organic land and farming; with a consciousness of reaching low-income and marginalized people. Further, we are examining how NOFA itself perpetuates systems of privilege, and how we can begin to change that."
As of 2011, the board is as follows:
- President: Lynda Simkins
- Jean Claude Bourrut
- Derek Christianson
- Leslie Cox
- Mary DeBlois
- Cecilia Duran
- Cliff Hatch
- Matthew Kochka
- Elaine Peterson
- Don Zasada
As of 2011, the staff is as follows:
- Executive Director & Education Director: Julie Rawson
- Policy Director & Editor of The Natural Farmer: Jack Kittredge
- Administrative Director & Summer Conference Registration Coordinator: Kathleen Geary
- Land Care Program Coordinator: Kathy Litchfield
- Education Events Organizer & Summer Conference Coordinator: Ben Grosscup
- Outreach Program Coordinator: Sharon Gensler
- Development Director: Bob Minnocci
- Raw Milk Network Coordinator: Winton Pitcoff
- Bulk Order Coordinator & Winter Conference Coordinator: Cathleen O'Keefe
- Beginning Farmer Program Coordinator and Winter Conference Workshop Coordinator: Michal Lumsden
- Public Relations Coordinator: Mindy Harris
- Communications Director, Website Redesign Project Manager, Organic Food Guide Coordinator and Administrative Staff: Rebecca Buell
- Metro Boston Organizer: Laura Eppstein
- Webmaster: David Pontius
- Northeast Organic Farming Association, Massachusetts Chapter
- 411 Sheldon Road
- Barre, MA, 01005
- Ph: (978) 355-2853
- Fax: (978) 355-4046
- Email: NOFA at nofamass dot org
- Web: http://www.nofamass.org/