Mustika Indah Permai
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy.|
Mustika Indah Permai (MIP) is a coal mine under construction in the Lahat regency, South Sumatra province, Indonesia.
In 2012, MIP's majority owner, Adaro Energy, stated "MIP has completed a detailed 30 year mine plan and set up offices in Lahat in 2011. Adaro Energy plans to produce coal at MIP, using an open-pit mining method, by the end of 2012. Coal production will be ramped up to three to four million tonnes per year by 2014. Adaro Energy plans to boost MIP's production up to ten million tonnes per annum five years from the time operations commence."
MIP is on a 20 year IUP concession granted in 2010.
- Owner: PT Mustika lndah Permai (MIP)
- Parent company: Adaro Energy
- Location: Kabupaten, Lahat regency, South Sumatra province, Indonesia
- GPS coordinates: -3.800844, 103.407830 (approximate)
- Mine status:
- Start year:’
- Mineable reserves:254 million tons
- Coal type: subbituminous
- Mine size: 2,000 hectares
- Mine type: Surface
- Production: 3 million tons per annum
- Additional proposed production: 10 million tons per annum
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Alexander Ginting (Publisher), Robert Sihotang (Project Leader), Reiner Simanjuntak, Johannes Simbolon, Tyasno Hery, Rudi Simangunsong, Adianto Simamora, Godang Sitompul, Romel S., Yuda Prihatna, Abdul Karim, lpunk AF [Paper Copy, Indonesian Coal Book 2016/2017] Petromindo.Com, May 2016 Release
- Wood Macenzie Mustika Indah Permai coal mine Asset Report, August 27, 2019
- Adaro Adaro Mining Organizational Site, accessed Dec 14, 2019
- Devindra Ratzarwin [https://www.marketscreener.com/PT-ADARO-ENERGY-TBK-6500225/news/PT-Adaro-Energy-Tbk-Adaro-Energy-Completes-JORC-Report-for-Mustika-Indah-Permai-Coal-Reserves-Esti-14233323/ PT Adaro Energy Tbk : Adaro Energy Completes JORC Report for Mustika Indah Permai Coal Reserves Estimated at 272.6 Million Tonnes South Sumatra Investments Will Soon Commence Operations and Generate Cash] Adaro Energy Press Release via Market Screener, March 22, 2012