Mohacs power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Hungary and coal.|
The Mohacs power station was a proposed 1200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station for Hungary.
The map below shows Mohács, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
- Sponsor: E.ON
- Parent company:
- Location: Mohács, Hungary
- Coordinates: 45.99593, 18.67985 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 1200 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type: Hard coal
- Coal Source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- András Perger, "The role of coal in the Hungarian electricity sector with special attention to the use of lignite," Energy Club, November 2009.
- "E.ON plans to build large Hungarian power plant," Reuters, Mar 30, 2005.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- András Perger, "The role of coal in the Hungarian electricity sector with special attention to the use of lignite," Energy Club, November 2009