Mitra Energi Agung mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy.|
Mitra Energi Agung (MEA) is a proposed coal mine in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of Mitra Energi Agung in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
According to Indika, it acquired a 60% stake of MEA in 2012. It describes the asset as "a greenfield coal asset located in East Kalimantan with a IUP concession area covering 5,000 hectares." An archived version of the company website from Aug. 19, 2018 states "more than 90% of the MEA concession has been explored and several promising coal seams identified. Effort to develop MEA has moved to the securing of all critical licenses required with the intention to commence production once the coal price is economical for production."
- Owner: Indika Energy
- Parent company:
- Location: East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- GPS coordinates: 0.579799, 116.522440 (approximate)
- Mine status: proposed (exploration phase)
- Start year:’ 2026 (proposed)
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine size: 5,000 hectares
- Mine type: Surface
- Additional proposed production:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Wood Mackenzie Mitra Energi Agung coal mine Asset Report, September 13, 2019
- Indika Energy Resources Indika, archived 8/19/18, accessed 12/14/19
- INDIKA ENERGY SHARES TOTAL DIVIDEN OF US$ 60 MILLION Indika Energy, April 25, 2019