Gallagher is the author of a book, Surrounded by Idiots: Fighting Liberal Lunacy in America (William Morrow, June 2005, ISBN 0060737980).
Round Up the Dissenters
"Without a shred of irony, Gallagher then called for the government to round up ['The View' host Joy] Behar, Matt Damon and Keith Olbermann and 'take the whole bunch of them and put them in a detention camp until this war is over, because they’re a bunch of traitors'," Chris Hedges wrote December 21, 2006, in Truthdig. Video and full transcript available at Think Progress.
"More than 100 supporters of President Bush traveled to Crawford [from Dallas] Friday [August 12, 2005] to stage a counter protest ... led by syndicated radio talk show host Mike Gallagher in what he called a 'pro-America bus trip.' ... After about 30 minutes, most of the 100 counter-protestors boarded the bus headed back to the Metroplex. About a dozen Bush supporters remained at the makeshift camp, which has been nicknamed Camp Casey in honor of [Cindy] Sheehan's son." --Waco Tribune-Herald, August 13, 2005.
- "As Ms. Sheehan and the 'Camp Casey' protesters sang America The Beautiful or stood quietly, the right-wing group chanted 'we don't care' at the mother who lost her son, Casey, to Bush's war in Iraq." 
- The Associated Press (Austin American-Statesman) presented a slightly different version; Angela K. Brown, who said Sheehan wasn't present at the time, wrote that "Gallagher rallied his spirited, flag-waving group over a bullhorn — and the Bush supporters chanted 'USA!' and 'Go George go!'"
- See photo of Gallagher in action.
- Mike Gallagher, Salem Radio Network, accessed March 25, 2008.
- "Talk Host Gallagher: 'Round Up' Olbermann, Damon, And 'Put Them In A Detention Camp'", Think Progress, Deember 20, 2006.
- Biography: Mike Gallagher, NewsMax.com.
- Article Archive of Gallagher's articles published by NewsMax.com.
Articles & Commentary
- Bob Cesca, "Chickenhawks Have an Army, Too," The Huffington Post, August 13, 2005.
- Chris Hedges, "Conservative Radio Host Wants Dissenters Detained," Truthdig, December 21, 2006.