Media and Childhood Obesity: Today and Tomorrow
Media and Childhood Obesity: Today and Tomorrow is a joint U.S. Congress and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) task force to review the impact of the media on childhood obesity and any possible regulatory responses.
Task force members include:
- Kevin Martin FCC Chairman and taskforce Chair
- Deborah Taylor Tate, FCC commissioner
- Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kan.)
- Tim Winter of the Parents Television Council
- Patti Miller of Children Now
- Susan Fox from The Walt Disney Company
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- John Eggerton, "D.C. Homes in on Media and Obesity", Broadcasting & Cable, September 25, 2006.
- John Eggerton, "Martin Unhappy with Snack-Food Marketing: FCC chairman dissapointed that more media companies not limiting food, beverage ads geared toward kids," Broadcasting & Cable, September 23, 2008.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|