Mary Robinson "is Director of Realizing Rights: the Ethical Globalisation Initiative. She served as President of Ireland from 1990-1997 and as United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights from 1997 to 2002. Before her election as President in 1990, she served as Senator, holding that office for 20 years. In 1969, while continuing her practice at the Irish Bar, she became Reid Professor of Constitutional Law at Trinity College, Dublin, where she subsequently taught European Union law. She was called to the bar in 1967, becoming a Senior Counsel in 1980, and a member of the English Bar (Middle Temple) in 1973.“ also see
- Winner of the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize, Recipient of the Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute: Four Freedoms Award
Winner of the 2002 Sydney Peace Prize
- President, International Commission of Jurists (2008-)
- Vice President, Club of Madrid
- Chair, Fund for Global Human Rights
- Chair, GAVI Alliance 
- Chair, International Institute for Environment and Development 
- Chair, Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice 
- Director, Global Humanitarian Forum 
- Trustee, Arab Democracy Foundation 
- Director, Mo Ibrahim Foundation 
- Director, International Foundation for Education and Self-Help 
- Council Member, International Council on Human Rights Policy
- Advisory Board, Global Public Policy Institute 
- Advisory Board, INTERIGHTS
- Advisory Board, Transparency International
- Honorary President, Oxfam
- Member of the Honorary 25th Anniversary Committee, Global Rights
- Commissioner, International Commission of Jurists
- US Advisory Board, Breakthrough
- International Advisory Council, Human Rights Information and Documentation Systems
- International Advisory Board, International Business Leaders Forum 
- International Advisory Committee, Sirleaf Market Women's Fund 
- Leadership Council, Initiative for Global Development 
- Honorary Chair, World Justice Project 
- Honorary Member, Club of Budapest: Members
- Community of West and Islam Dialogue: Members
- Patron, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect 
- Member, The Elders 
- Supervisory board, European Climate Foundation 
Resources and articles
- Directors, GAVI Alliance, accessed June 11, 2009.
- Trustees, International Institute for Environment and Development, accessed April 30, 2008.
- Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice Trustees, organizational web page, accessed June 19, 2012.
- Directors, Global Humanitarian Forum, accessed December 2, 2009.
- Trustees, Arab Democracy Foundation, accessed February 3, 2011.
- Board, Mo Ibrahim Foundation, accessed January 8, 2011.
- Directors, International Foundation for Education and Self-Help, accessed August 26, 2008.
- GPPi Advisory Board, Global Public Policy Institute, accessed September 25, 2007.
- Board of Trustees, International Business Leaders Forum, accessed October 7, 2007.
- International Advisory Committee, Sirleaf Market Women's Fund, accessed August 27, 2008.
- Leadership, Initiative for Global Development, accessed December 11, 2007.
- About, World Justice Project, accessed April 27, 2008.
- Patrons, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect, accessed December 11, 2009.
- About, The Elders, accessed February 10, 2011.
- European Climate Foundation Supervisory Board, organizational web page, accessed April 7, 2013.
- ”Biography”, Accessed January 2007.