Margaret M. Wittenberg
"Margaret M. Wittenberg, globally recognized authority and educator on natural and organic foods, has taught students of all ages about the wonders and delicious flavors that can be enjoyed with good food. As an author, her books provide a refreshing approach on exploring, choosing, and preparing natural foods, weaving together mouth-watering descriptions, cooking guidelines, time-saving suggestions, and just enough history, food science, and nutrition to whet the appetite while enjoying the process.
"Margaret has also devoted much of her life ensuring good food sources remain available. A former member of the USDA National Organic Standards Board, Margaret has also served on many other United States-based and international advisory boards focused on organic agriculture, seafood sustainability, agricultural environmental standards, and farm animal welfare. Currently, she is a board member for the Whole Kids Foundation, and the American Botanical Council. In 2005, Margaret was honored with the National Audubon Society's prestigious Rachel Carson Award in recognition of her lifelong work helping to ensure future generations can live healthy lives within a sustainable environment."
- Director, Organic Center
- Vice President of Global Quality Standards and Public Affairs, Whole Foods Market
- 2013: The Essential Good Food Guide (Ten Speed Press) will be released in July!
- 2008: New Good Food Shoppers Pocket Guide (Ten Speed Press)
- 2007: New Good Food: Essential Ingredients for Cooking and Eating Well (Ten Speed Press)
- 1996: Pocket Guide to Good Food (The Crossing Press)
- 1995: Good Food: The Comprehensive Food and Nutrition Resource (The Crossing Press)
- 1987: Experiencing Quality: A Shopper's Guide to Whole Foods (Whole Foods Press) "Healthy Pantry, Happy Home." Bon Appetit (April 2008)
Resources and articles
- newgoodfood Margaret M. Wittenberg, organizational web page, accessed February 10, 2013.