Marc Mondavi is the treasurer of Bear Trust International, a Missoula, Montana-based organization that claims to work to "to conserve all 8 species of the world’s bears, other wildlife, and habitat" and that has lobbied against bear and wolf protection legislation alongside a number of gun lobby and sport-hunting advocacy organizations including Safari Club International and the National Rifle Association.  Mondavi is co-proprietor of Charles Krug Winery, a Napa Valley-based wine producer, and is the son of famed Napa Valley winemaker Peter Mondavi, Sr. Mondavi is the editor of Wild Gourmet: Naturally Healthy Game, Fish and Fowl Recipes for Everyday Chefs, a Boone & Crockett Club wild game cookbook, and is a noted trophy hunter.
Articles & Sources
- Bear Trust International, "Vision and Mission," organizational website, retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Various organizations, "Letter to President Barack Obama Opposing the Bear Protection Act of 2008 (page 1)," lobbying letter, March 6, 2008, retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Various organizations, "Letter to President Barack Obama Urging Him to Support Removal of Endangered Species Act Protections for Gray Wolves (page 1)," letter, March 6, 2008, retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Charles Krug Winery, "Marc Mondavi," company website, retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Grimes, William. "Peter Mondavi, Who Helped Put Napa Valley on Wine Industry Map, Dies at 101." New York Times. February 23, 2016. Retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Boone & Crockett Club "Wild Gourmet featuring Wild Game Recipes," organizational website, retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Arctic Red River Outfitters, Ltd., "2006 Hunt Report," organizational website, accessed May 17, 2016.