Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mahnaz Afkhami (Iran/U.S.) "is Founder and President of the Women’s Learning Partnership, Executive Director of the Foundation for Iranian Studies, and former Minister of State for Women's Affairs in Iran."
- "In exile in the United States, Ms. Afkhami has been a leading advocate of women's rights for more than three decades, having founded and served as director and president of several international non-governmental organizations that focus on advancing women's status. Most recently she was President of Sisterhood Is Global Institute. Ms. Afkhami also serves on advisory boards and steering committees of a number of national and international organizations including Commission on Globalization, The Global Fund for Women, International League for Human Rights, Women's Human Rights Net, Women's Rights Division of Human Rights Watch, World Movement for Democracy, and Youth Employment Summit. Her numerous publications have been widely translated and distributed internationally." 
- Member, Human Rights Watch Women's Rights Advisory Committee.
- Advisory Council, Realizing Rights
- Steering Committee, World Movement for Democracy
- "Board", Women's Learning Partnership, Accessed October 2006.