According to the MILCOM web site, "MILCOM conceives, creates, and launches technology companies in partnership with defense contractors, commercial companies, federal laboratories and other leading-edge research and development sources. In addition, MILCOM Venture Partners can provide support and capital for mergers, acquisitions and investments in mature ventures.
"In the past five years, MILCOM has created eleven high-tech companies, which have attracted over $500M in venture capital. Our Technology Partners include major defense contractors, federal labs, and Fortune 500 commercial companies. We work with our Technology Partners to create market-dominant companies that develop disruptive products and applications that answer critical market needs. Our proprietary technology commercialization model includes extensive market analysis and technology research that is fundamental to each affiliate company we create. As such, we are able to mitigate risks normally associated with developing new commercial ventures and at the same time provide improved returns than those normally associated with early stage investing.
"The MILCOM technology commercialization process provides for: identification of large emerging markets; determination of inherent technology gaps; identification and qualification of proven and protected technologies; assembly of technical and commercial experts to map and execute solutions; creations, launch, growth and funding of an affiliate company; and finally operational execution.
"In addition to creating new companies, MILCOM also assists established ventures or businesses through MILCOM Venture Partners. Our Venture Partners include top tier private equity and investment banking organizations that are eager to engage in more mature investment opportunities.
"Our ultimate mission is to ensure that our Technology Partners, Venture Partners and shareholders reap substantial economic benefits from the services provided by MILCOM."
- Mike Buffa, Chairman of the Board and CEO
- Jason Rottenberg, President
- Dennis Behm, Vice President Marketing and Business Development
- Peter Atwal, Vice President - New Ventures
- Chris Fountas, General Counsel
- Larry Koos, Vice President of Engineering
- William Koos, Chief Technical Officer
- Dr. Henry Huey, Director of Technology Research and Development
- Jennifer Dunham, Director of Operations and Human Resources
- Sam Nutter, Director of Finance and Portfolio Management
- Luna Anico, Marketing and Financial Analyst
Board of Directors
- Board Member Profiles
- Mike Buffa
- Darrell Kelley
- Gene Josephs
- Joaquim Rodrigues
- Ed Rygiel
- Lars Swanson
- Ronald Weissman
Strategic Advisory Board
- Profiles of Strategic Advisors
- Dr. Stanley B. Alterman, Chairman
- John K. Twigg, Secretary
- Dr.Paul G. Kaminski
- Dr. Brad Parkinson
- Vice Admiral David Frost, USN, (retired)
- Major General Ken Israel, USAF, (retired)
- Larry Lynn
- Profiles of Commercial Advisors
- Darrell Kelley
- Mike Barron
- Masood Garahi
- Osmo Hautanen
- Gene Josephs
- Richard Licursi
- Robert Long
- Richard Nunis
- Dana Waldman
- Julia L. Johnson
Other Related SourceWatch Resources
- MILCOM Technologies to Manage Army's Venture Capital Initiative, MILCOM Press Release, June 11, 2003.
- Other MILCOM Press Releases.