Loyalty Day, 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "On Loyalty Day, we celebrate the blessings of freedom and remember our responsibility to continue our legacy of liberty."
- "The Congress, by Public Law 85-529 [passed in 1958], as amended, has designated May 1 of each year as 'Loyalty Day.' This Loyalty Day, and throughout the year, I ask all Americans to join me in reaffirming our allegiance to our Nation."
Related SourceWatch Resources
- News Release: "Loyalty Day, 2007", Office of the White House Press Secretary, May 1, 2007.
- morte, "May Day, George Bush-Style," Warren Reports/TPM Cafe, May 1, 2007.
- Bob Geiger, "Bush Declares Today American 'Loyalty Day'," BobGeiger Blogspot (The Huffington Post), May 1, 2007.
- "Happy Loyalty Day, Fascists!" Wonkette!, May 1, 2007.
- Alec Dubro, "May Day, May Day," TomPaine.com, May 1, 2007.
- whymrhymer, "May 1st: The Corruption of an American Holiday," Blogger News Network, May 2, 2007.
- Tracy Dove, "May 1st: A Civics Lesson on the History of an American Obsession," U.S. Politics Today, May 2, 2007.