Life Extension Foundation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Medical Advisory Board 
- Gustavo Tovar Baez, MD, operates the Life Extension Clinic in Caracas, Venezuela. He is the first physician in Caracas to specialize in anti-aging medicine.
- Ricardo Bernales, MD, is a board-certified pediatrician and general practitioner in Chicago, IL, focusing on allergies, bronchial asthma, and immunodeficiency.
- Thomas F. Crais, MD, FACS, a board-certified plastic surgeon, was medical director of the microsurgical research and training lab at Southern Baptist Hospital in New Orleans, LA, and currently practices in Sun Valley, ID.
- William Davis, MD, is Medical Director of Milwaukee Heart Scan and developer of the web-based initiative, Track Your Plaque, the only heart disease prevention program that uses the new CT heart scans to detect, track, and control coronary plaque.
- Martin Dayton, MD, DO, practices at the Sunny Isles Medical Center in North Miami Beach, FL. His focus is on nutrition, aging, chelation therapy, holistic medicine, and oxidative medicine.
- John DeLuca, MD, DC, is a 2005 graduate of St. George’s University School of Medicine. He completed his Internal Medicine residency at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, New Jersey, in 2008 and is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. DeLuca is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and has obtained certifications in hyperbaric medicine, pain management, nutrition, strength and conditioning, and manipulation under anesthesia.
- Sergey A. Dzugan, MD, PhD, was formerly chief of cardiovascular surgery at the Donetsk Regional Medical Center in Donetsk, Ukraine. Dr. Dzugan’s current primary interests are anti-aging and biological therapy for cancer, cholesterol, and hormonal disorders.
- Patrick M. Fratellone, MD, RH, is the founder and executive medical director of Fratellone Associates. He completed his Internal Medicine and Cardiology Fellowship at Lenox Hill Hospital in 1994, before becoming the medical director for the Atkins Center for Complementary Medicine.
- Carmen Fusco, MS, RN, CNS, is a research scientist and clinical nutritionist in New York City who has lectured and written numerous articles on the biochemical approach to the prevention of aging and degenerative diseases.
- Norman R. Gay, MD, is proprietor of the Bahamas Anti-Aging Medical Institute in Nassau, Bahamas. A former member of the Bahamian Parliament, he served as Minister of Health and Minister of Youth and Sports. He is a three-time chairman of the Executive Committee of the PanAmerican Health Organization in Washington, DC.
- Mitchell J. Ghen, DO, PhD, holds a doctorate in holistic health and anti-aging, and serves on the faculty of Medicine at the Benemerita Universidad Autonoma De Puebla, Mexico, as a Professor of Cellular Hemapoetic Studies. He is the author of The Ghen and Rains Guide to Compounding Pharmaceuticals and The Advanced Guide to Longevity Medicine.
- Gary Goldfaden, MD, is a clinical dermatologist and a lifetime member of the American Academy of Dermatology. He is the founder of Academy Dermatology of Hollywood, FL, and COSMESIS Skin Care. He specializes in natural approaches to aging and rejuvenation of the skin.
- Miguelangelo Gonzalez, MD, is a certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon at the Miguelangelo Plastic Surgery Clinic, Cabo San Lucas.
- Garry F. Gordon, MD, DO, is a Payson, AZ-based researcher of alternative approaches to medical problems that are unresponsive to traditional therapies. He is president of the International College of Advanced Longevity Medicine.
- Richard Heifetz, MD, is a board-certified anesthesiologist in Santa Rosa, CA, specializing in the delivery of anesthesia for office-based plastic/cosmetic surgery, chelation therapy, and pain management.
- Roberto Marasi, MD, is a psychiatrist and clinical nutritionist in Brescia and in Piacenza, Italy. He is involved in anti-aging strategies and weight management. His interests include the prevention of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases and the relationship between nutrition, inflammation, oxidative stress, aging, and degenerative diseases.
- Maurice D. Marholin, DDC, DO, is a licensed Chiropractic Physician (D.C.) and Board Certified Osteopathic Family Physician (D.O.). He completed his post graduate training at The University of Alabama. He was then accepted into a Clinical Nutrition Fellowship funded by an NIH grant. He is currently practicing Family Medicine, Clinical Nutrition, Behavioral Medicine and wellness in Clermont, Florida.
- Francesco Marotta, MD, PhD, gastroenterologist and nutrigenomics expert with extensive international university experience. Consulting Professor, WHO-affiliated Center for Biotech & Traditional Medicine, University of Milano, Italy. Hon. Res. Professor, Human Nutrition Dept, TWU, USA. Author of over 130 papers and 400 congress lectures.
- Philip Lee Miller, MD, is founder and medical director of the Los Gatos Longevity Institute in Los Gatos, CA. His practice is dedicated to anti-aging medicine, focusing on bioidentical natural hormone replacement, nutritional medicine, complex lipid disorders, and stress management. He is a diplomate of the American Board on Anti-Aging Medicine.
- Michele G. Morrow, DO, FAAFP, is a board-certified family physician who merges mainstream and alternative medicine using functional medicine concepts, nutrition, and natural approaches. Dr. Morrow is an accomplished clinician, medical researcher, author, and lecturer.
- Herbert Pardell, DO, FAAIM, practices internal medicine at the Emerald Hills Medical Center in Hollywood, FL, and specializes in anti-aging, chelation, hormone replacement, and complementary medicine. He is a medical director of the Life Extension Foundation.
- Lambert Titus K. Parker, MD, practices internal medicine at the Integrative Longevity Institute of Virginia in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Ross Pelton, RPh, PhD, CCN, is director of nutrition and anti-aging research for Intramedicine, Inc. He has authored six books and teaches continuing education courses for health professionals on a wide variety of health topics.
- Patrick Quillin, PhD, RD, CNS, is a clinical nutritionist in Carlsbad, CA, and formerly served as vice president of nutrition for Cancer Treatment Centers of America, where he was a consultant to the National Institutes of Health. He has written 15 books on health, including Beating Cancer with Nutrition.
- Allan Rashford, MD graduated the University of Iowa Medical School and did his internship, residency and fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine in New York City. Upon completing medical training, he became Chief of Medicine at St. Francis Hospital in South Carolina, and was later named President of the Charleston Medical Society.
- Marc R. Rose, MD, practices ophthalmology in Los Angeles, CA, and is president of the Rose Eye Medical Group. He is on the staffs of Pacific Alliance Medical Center, Los Angeles, and other area hospitals.
- Michael R. Rose, MD, a board-certified ophthalmologist with the Rose Eye Medical Group in Los Angeles, CA, is on the staffs of the University of Southern California and UCLA.
- Ron Rothenberg, MD, is a full clinical professor at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine, and founder of California HealthSpan Institute in San Diego, CA. Dr. Rothenberg is an internationally recognized clinician, researcher, lecturer, and educator in preventive and anti-aging medicine.
- Roman Rozencwaig, MD, is a pioneer in research on melatonin and aging. He practices in Montreal, Canada, as research associate at Montreal General Hospital, Department of Medicine, McGill University.
- Carol Ann Ryser, MD, FAAP, is medical director of Health Centers of America in Kansas City, MO, and focuses on pediatrics and mental health.
- Michael D. Seidman, MD, is the regional coordinator of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery for the Bloomfield satellite of Henry Ford Health System (HFHS), Detroit, MI, co-director of the Tinnitus Center, and co-chair of the Complementary/Alternative Medicine Initiative for HFHS.
- Ronald L. Shuler, BS, DDS, CCN, LN, is involved in immunoncology for the prevention and treatment of cancer, human growth hormone secretagogues, and osteoporosis.
- Herbert R. Slavin, MD, is medical director of the Institute of Advanced Medicine in Lauderhill, FL, specializing in anti-aging medicine, disease prevention, chelation therapy, and natural hormone replacement therapy.
- Stephen L. Smith, MD, Richland, WA, focuses on treating allergies, and is a member of the American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery.
- Javier Torres, MD, is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and is on the medical staffs of Sunrise Hospital, Desert Springs Hospital, Valley Hospital, and Mountain View Hospital, all in Las Vegas, NV.
- Paul Wand, MD, Fort Lauderdale, FL, is a clinical neurologist with special expertise in treating and reversing diabetic peripheral neuropathy and brain injuries from various causes.
- Charles E. Williamson, MD, Boca Raton, FL, focuses on anti-aging, longevity, and pain management.
- Jonathan V. Wright, MD, is medical director of the Tahoma Clinic in Renton, WA, and a board member of the Vitamin C Foundation and the American Preventive Medical Association, among many other groups.
Resources and articles
- Life Extension Foundation About, organizational web page, accessed July 29, 2013.