Latin American Board
"Created in 2006 to strengthen Georgetown University’s relationships with Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula, Georgetown University’s Latin America Board (LAB) draws on the University’s academic strengths in international business and global competitiveness, to cultivate partnerships in Latin America, Spain and Portugal through strategic, results-oriented projects and initiatives.
"The Latin American Board serves as an Advisory Board to the President and the Provost at Georgetown University and is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of the Region’s most influential business and political leaders.
"The Board’s main activities center on its flagship project, the Global Competitiveness Leadership Program, which accepts about 35 young leaders from the Ibero-American Region to participate in a 12-week in-residence program at Georgetown University. The program draws on interdisciplinary faculty from across departments at Georgetown, as well as expert leaders from the Region." 
According to Cole Stangler: "The Board’s main activity is the Global Competitiveness Leadership Program, which brings 35 to 40 students from Spain, Portugal and Latin America to Georgetown for a four-month certificate program in “Global Leadership.” GCL aims to train future political, business and social leaders affecting change in Latin America. The program has brought in speakers such as the philosopher Francis Fukuyama, famously aggressive Cuban embargo-supporter Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R. – FL), conservative Peruvian writer Álvaro Vargas Llosa, and Aznar himself. The program’s syllabus, guest speakers and visits suggest an aggressively pro-business vision of development and governance...
"Rosa Rodriguez, who served as associate director for the Board and academic coordinator for GCL from 2006 to early 2009, was also serving at the time as a representative to the United States for SUMATE, a self-described “pro-democracy non-governmental organization.”" 
- co-founder and Managing Director Ricardo Ernst
Accessed March 2011: 
- José María Aznar - Honorary Chairman, Foundation for Analysis and Social Studies (FAES) and former President of Spain, Spain
- Alberto Beeck - Chairman
- Ricardo Ernst - Managing Director, Deputy Dean of the McDonough School of Business
- Antonio Ardila - Ardila Lülle, Vice-president
- Jorge Born, Jr. - Bunge Ltd., President
- Gustavo Cisneros - Cisneros Group, President
- Marcelo Claure - Brightstar Corp., President
- Ana Maria Diniz - Sykue Bioenergy, Managing Partner
- Ernesto Fernandez-Holmann - Grupo Ayucus, Chairman of the Board
- Guillermo Lasso - Banco de Guayaquil, President
- Samuel Lewis - Former Vice-president of Panama
- Manuel Dias Loureiro - Banco Português de Negócios, President
- Enrique García - Andean Development Corporation, President
- Mauricio Toledano - Eurofinsa, Vice-president
- Carlos Trápaga - TraFon Group, Inc., President
- Lorenzo Zambrano - CEMEX, President
Resources and articles
- About, Latin American Board, accessed March 27, 2011.
- Cole Stangler, "Georgetown’s Latin American Board: Training the new face of the right," counterpointmagazine, March 25, 2011.
- Executive Board, Latin American Board, accessed March 27, 2011.