Professor Kevin P. Clements joined the Australian Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies "in September 2003 from being Secretary General of International Alert, in London England. International Alert is one of the world's biggest NGO's working on Conflict Transformation in Africa, the Caucasus, Asia and Latin America. Prior to that he was the Vernon and Minnie Lynch Professor of Conflict Resolution and Director of the Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason University , Fairfax Virginia USA. Before George Mason he was Head of the Peace Research Centre at the Australian National University, Canberra Australia and a Senior Lecturer in Sociology and Coordinator of Peace Studies at Canterbury University, Christchurch New Zealand. In the mid 1980s he was Director of the Quaker United Nations Office in Geneva and a member of the New Zealand Delegation to the Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference. He has been a Visiting Professor /Researcher at the University of Colorado at Boulder, USA; The Institute of Sth East Asian Studies in Singapore and the School of Development Studies, University of East Anglia. He was a lecturer in Sociology at Hong Kong University in the early 1970s and a Post Doctoral Fellow at the Institute of Commonwealth Studies, Oxford University. Kevin is a Past President of the International Peace Research Association, President of the IPRA Foundation and Secretary General of the Asia Pacific Peace Research Association. He was a member of the NZ Government Defence Committee of Enquiry in 1985 which explored how New Zealand could defend itself without nuclear weapons. Kevin was the inaugural President of the European Peace Building Liaison Organisation in Brussels and a Board Member of the European Centre for Conflict Prevention. He Edited the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Sociology in the late 1970s and is currently on the Editorial Boards of Peace Review and Global Change, Peace and Security. He has been an advisor on defence, security and conflict issues to a range of governmental and non-govenmental organisations in Australasia, the United States and Europe and Chairman, Facilitator and keynote speaker at many international Peace and Conflict Resolution conferences over the past 20 years." 
- Academic Advisory Board, International Center on Nonviolent Conflict 
- Editorial Board, Peace and Change: A Journal of Peace Research
- Advisory Board, The Initiative for Inclusive Security
- International Steering Committee, Global Action to Prevent War 
- Prize Selection Committee, Millenium Peace Prize 
- International Advisory Board, Karuna Center 
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Peace Studies 
Resources and articles
- Kevin Clements, University of Queensland, accessed September 17, 2007.
- Academic Advisors, International Center on Nonviolent Conflict, accessed March 21, 2010.
- Who, Global Action to Prevent War, accessed July 8, 2007.
- Millenium Peace Prize for Women, International Alert, accessed September 17, 2007.
- International Advisory Board, Karuna Center for Peacebuilding, accessed April 30, 2008.
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Peace Studies, accessed April 8, 2010.