Kamengrad Thermal Power Plant
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Bosnia-Herzegovina and coal.|
Kamengrad Thermal Power Plant is a proposed 430-megawatt (MW) brown coal fired power station in Bosnia.
The map below shows Kamengrad, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
In November 2011 it was reported that Bosnia's Federation plans to invest 620 million euro ($827 million) in the construction of two thermal power units with a capacity of 215 megawatts (MW) each. It would be built near the Kamengrad coal mine, located near Sanski Most. Construction on the units is planned to be five years.
There were no further developments on the project until September 2017, when it was reported that China Energy Engineering Corp (CEEC) was in talks about investing 1 billion euros (US$1.2 bln) in a 430 MW coal power project in Bosnia, including development of the Kamengrad coal mine in Sanski Most, northeast Bosnia. CEEC was in talks with Bosnian private company Lager, which holds a 30-year concession to operate the Kamengrad coal mine, and talks were reportedly well underway and could soon lead to an agreement. The mine has 115 million tonnes of proven coal reserves and an estimated 400 million tonnes of untapped coal reserves.
In October 2017 China's TEPC Overseas Engineering Company and Bosnian construction material supplier Lager were reportedly set to sign a deal on the construction of the US$614 million plant in November, during the China-Central Eastern European Summit of Leaders in Budapest.
- Sponsor: RMU Kamengrad
- Parent company:
- Developers: TEPC Overseas Engineering Company (China), Lager (Bosnia)
- Location: Kamengrad, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Coordinates: 44.766667,16.666667 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Unit 1: 215 MW
- Unit 2: 215 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: China Energy Engineering Corp (in negotiation)
Resources and articles
- "Bosnia Plans to Build Two Thermal Power Units at Kamengrad Coal Mine", Lumen.hr, November 29, 2011.
- "Chinese in talks to invest $1.2 bln Bosnia coal power project," Reuters, Sep 15, 2017
- "Chinese company, Bosnia's Lager to sign deal on construction of Kamengrad TPP," SeeNews, Oct 25, 2017