Kaltim-3 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kaltim-3 power station is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant proposed in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the project, in East Kalimantan Province, according to the PLN long-range plan for 2019-2028.
Background on Plant
This project is mentioned on Table 13 of the 2015-2024 PT PLN long range supply plan, scheduled for 2019 and 2020. It comprises two units of 100 MW each.
A PT PLN September 2015 list of companies interested in mine-mouth IPP plants did not show any companies interested in the project.
In the 2016-2025 long-range plan, the project was moved forward from 2022 to 2020.
In August 2016 PT PLN said it would put the Kaltim-3 plant out for tender, with the selected Project Sponsor intended to develop, finance, construct and operate the Project on a Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) basis.
In the 2017-2026 long-range plan the project is described as 2 x 100 MW rather than 2 x 200 MW scheduled for 2021/2022. Elsewhere in the plan it is described as 1 x 200 MW. The project does not appear in the 2018-2027 long-range plan. In the 2019-2028 long-range plan the project is described as 2 x 100 MW and is scheduled for 2025/2026.
- Sponsor: IPP project with PT PLN
- Parent company:
- Location: Kutai Kartanegara, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 0.1356981, 116.2207238 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 100 MW or 1 x 200 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2025, 2026
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, C-39
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Daftar Peminat IPP PLTU Mulut Tambang," Satuan Pengadan IPP, September 2015
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016, Table 6.7, p. 109
- "PLN opens tender for four power projects," Antara News, Aug 13, 2016
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. VI-58
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. VI-59
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-53