John Pontin OBE "is both property developer and advocate of environmental thinking.
"Over forty years his company, JT Group, developed a national profile for its stance on green issues in construction. Recently set up a social enterprise property company, Under the Sky, operating in the West Country.
"Keen interest in Sustainability, involvement with Sustainability West, Business West, the RSA, the Natural Step, Schumacher Society, Quartet Community Fund, Hartcliffe Community Campus and Bristol Children's Scrapstore.
"Current interest as co-founder of The Converging World, a charity which brings communities together through contraction, convergence and renewable energy. The TCW pilot project will link the Bristol sub-region with Tamil Nadu in Southern India." 
"As a Trustee, and as Chairman for 13 years, John was involved in a range of development projects for The Dartington Hall Trust, a charity with a significant community involvement principally in the South West. He was closely involved in the formation of the Quartet Community Foundation by the Society of Merchant Venturers. This now has an endowment fund in excess of £8 million and a grants programme in excess of £2 million per annum. JT provided office space during the set-up period and John remains a Trustee. " 
- Former Chair, Dartington Hall Trust
- Patron, Resurgence 
- Patron, Envolve
- Advisory Board, World Future Council
- Green Alliance: Individual Members
- Director, Natural Step (part of Forum for the Future)
- Roland Adburgham , A View to the Future: JT Group – A Radical Approach to Building and Development (Redcliffe Press Ltd, UK, 2006).
- John Pontin and Ian Roderick, Converging World - Connecting Communities in Global Change (Green Books, 2007).