"John Oppenheimer is a travel and tourism visionary and entrepreneur with a passion for the hospitality industry. Over the past 25 years he has founded five successful, private hospitality-related businesses.
- He founded Columbia Hospitality in 1995 to manage Bell Harbor International Conference Center for the Port of Seattle...
- He is the founder of CRG Events, one of the largest event planning companies on the West Coast.
- John is also a founding partner of Cruise Terminals of America (CTA), a premier operator of the two Seattle cruise ship terminals. CTA is a joint venture with SSA Marine, General Steamship Agencies, and Columbia Hospitality.
- In 2004, John became a founding General Partner of the Seattle Hotel Group, the investment group that developed the Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Seattle.
"Most recently, Columbia Hospitality launched a joint venture with a Portuguese partner, creating Columbia Hospitality International, a comprehensive hospitality consulting service for owners and developers of hotels, resorts, conference centers, condominiums, marinas and golf courses on the continents of Europe, Africa and South America.
"John currently serves on the Virginia Mason Medical Center Board of Governors, the Western Region Advisory Board of Northern Trust, and is a member of the World President's Organization. He is past chairman of the Woodland Park Zoo Board of Directors, and a past member of the Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce Board of Trustees, the Junior Achievement Board of Directors, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Foundation Board, and the Washington Council on International Trade.
"John and his wife, Deanna, are past honorees of Seattle Hotel Association's Evening of Hope Gala and have served as co-chairs of many civic events including the Woodland Park Zoo Jungle Party, Virginia Mason's Dare to Dream Gala and the Junior Achievement Puget Sound Business Hall of Fame event."
His wife is Deanna Oppenheimer.
Resources and articles
- columbiahospitality John Oppenheimer, organizational web page, accessed June 25, 2012.