Joel Mowbray is a syndicated columnist with Knight-Ridder Tribune and contributes to Townhall.com.
According to a biographical note, he "is known for his exposés of the State Department which led to the end of Visa Express in Saudi Arabia and the firing of the Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs, Mary Ryan." 
"A graduate of the University of Illinois and Georgetown Law School, he worked on Capitol Hill for former Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC). He is a leading advocate for Social Security privatization. Joel also spent two years working for Pioneer Strategies under then-Fox News reporter Heather Nauert," his biographical note states.
"Joel founded PriceCompare Technologies, working for two years with the Internet software company ... His work has also been published in the L.A. Times, National Review, New York Post, San Francisco Chronicle, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, San Diego Union-Tribune, Investors Business Daily, Philadelphia Inquirer, Arizona Republic, Manchester Union Leader, FrontPage magazine, Jewish World Review, and Washington Times," it states.
- 21st Century Speakers bio
- United4Freedom speaker bio
- " bio, undated, accessed May 2007
- Townhall.com bio undated, accessed December 2004
- FrontPageMagazine.com archived articles
- National Review articles searched via Google
- OpinionJournal.com of Wall Street Journal, search on articles
- Washington Times search on articles
- Family Security Matters bio as contributing editor
- Foundation for the Defense of Democracies 2003-2004 academic fellow
- 2003 Eugene Katz Award For Excellence in the Coverage of Immigration, May 2003
Resources and articles
- Team, Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, accessed September 17, 2008.