Jeffrey S. Bland
" Jeffrey S. Bland, Metagenics’ President and Chief Science Officer, has been an internationally recognized leader in the nutritional medicine field for over 30 years. Headquartered in Gig Harbor, WA, Dr. Bland founded HealthComm International, Inc. in 1985, and served as its Chief Executive Officer until the merger with its strategic partner, Metagenics, in 2000. As the principal visionary of HealthComm, Dr. Bland had already distinguished the company as a leader in the development of medical foods by the time of the merger. In 1992 he established the internationally respected Institute for Functional Medicine to train health practitioners globally in the application of nutritional and functional medicine.
"A nutritional biochemist and registered clinical laboratory director, Dr. Bland is a former professor of biochemistry at the University of Puget Sound, and a previous Director of Nutritional Supplement Research at the Linus Pauling Institute of Science and Medicine. Dr. Bland has authored five books on nutritional medicine for the healthcare professional and four books on nutrition and health for the general public. He is also the principal author of over 100 peer-reviewed research papers on nutritional biochemistry.
"Committed to advancing education in the natural health sciences, Dr. Bland was one of the original board members of Bastyr University in Washington State, the first federally accredited university in the United States offering graduate and undergraduate degrees in natural medicine. With the 25 th consecutive year of the highly regarded seminar series on science-based nutrition and health, Dr. Bland continues to focus on providing practical education to healthcare professionals worldwide.
"Dr. Bland holds several patents for nutritional products and oversees the activities of the Functional Medicine Research Center and serves as the Chairman of the Institute for Functional Medicine. "
- Advisory Board, HealthCorps 
- Contributing Editor, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine 
- Advisory Board, Alliance for Natural Health USA 
- Advisory Board (1991), Nutritional Consultants Organization of Canada 
- Advisory Board, IntegrativePractitioner.com 
- Editorial board, EXPLORE: The Journal of Science and Healing
- Former advisor, American Association for Health Freedom
- Former Advisory Group member, Samueli Institute 
Resources and articles
- Metagenics Team, organizational web page, accessed February 26, 2013.
- HealthCorps People, organizational web page, accessed March 13, 2013.
- Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- Alliance for Natural Health USA People, organizational web page, accessed July 20, 2013.
- quackwatch Some Notes on David W. Rowland, organizational web page, accessed July 21, 2013.
- IntegrativePractitioner.com Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed July 21, 2013.
- Samueli Institute Advisory Group, organizational web page, accessed January 23, 2020.