|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
"Jean is the CEO of Virgin Unite, the entrepreneurial Foundation of the worldwide Virgin Group. In her previous life, Jean lived and worked on five continents helping to lead successful mobile phone start-ups in South Africa, Colombia, Bulgaria, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and the US.
"Jean has long explored the overlap of the business and social sectors and has been involved in both, having worked for the Foundation for National Parks and Wildlife in Australia, and in numerous volunteer roles, including a stint as a VISTA volunteer where she worked with - and learned from - homeless teens in Chicago.
"In 2003 she was joint CEO of Virgin Mobile in Australia when she was asked to work with Richard Branson and the Virgin staff around the world to create Virgin Unite. The team works with Virgin's two hundred businesses worldwide and other entrepreneurs to help put driving positive change at their core. Virgin Unite also works with partners to create new approaches to social and environmental issues, such as a school of entrepreneurship for young people in Johannesburg and an entrepreneurial approach to rural health transport in Kenya.
"Jean and Virgin Unite have also helped to incubate a number of global leadership initiatives such as the Elders and the Disease Control Room in sub-Saharan. Jean sits on the Advisory Board of the Elders and on the Board of the Bushbuckridge Health and Wellness Trust. "
- Executive Board, Carbon War Room
- Advisory Board, World Peace Festival 
- Global Advisory Committee, Women and the Green Economy 
- Director, Ocean Elders 
Resources and articles
- Executive Board, Carbon War Room, accessed March 16, 2011.
- World Peace Festival Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed March 21, 2013.
- Earth Day Women and the Green Economy, organizational web page, accessed December 21, 2013.
- Ocean Elders Team, organizational web page, accessed November 29, 2018.