Jared Craighead "worked in the Majority Whip’s Office for then Chief Deputy Majority Whip Roy Blunt as his Special Assistant" before joining the firm of Cassidy & Associates as an Associate in June 2003. On December 28, 2005, Craighead, who had served as Governor Matt Blunt's Deputy Chief of Staff for Public and Federal Affairs since January 2005, became Executive Director of the Missouri Republican Party. 
Before joining Cassidy & Associates, Craighead "most recently was Director-Regulatory Compliance at SBC Telecommunications, Inc., where he worked to ensure that various business units were aware of and meeting their regulatory obligations," according to the C&A announcement. Prior to that, Craighead "interfaced with the Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice’s Antitrust Division working on long-distance applications for the company."
Craighead was "the second person from Rep. Blunt’s staff to join Cassidy & Associates [that] year following the recent hire of Gregg Hartley as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer," the announcement said.
- "Cassidy & Associates Welcomes Former Rep. Blunt Staffer, Jared Craighead to the Firm as an Associate," Cassidy & Associates, June 23, 2003.
- David A. Lieb, "Real estate lobby seeks to counter federal veto suggestion," Associated Press (Kansas City.com), July 8, 2005.
- Roy Temple, "Former Blunt Aide Paid $50,000 for Veto Insurance Effort," Fired Up Missouri, July 11, 2005.
- Steve Walsh, "Craighead Named Executive Director of Missouri GOP," Missourinet, December 28, 2005.
- Roy Temple, "Blunt Names Former Team Abramoff Lobbyist As ED Of Missouri Republican Party," Fired Up Missouri, December 28, 2005.