Jane Wales "is President and CEO of the World Affairs Council of Northern California and Co-founder and CEO of the Global Philanthropy Forum, a network of donors committed to international causes. Her government service includes a Senate-confirmed dual appointment as Associate Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and Senior Director of the National Security Council. In these capacities, she focused on the fate of advanced weapons material and technology in the former Soviet Union, and in negotiating science and technology agreements with Russia, China, South Africa, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil. Before joining the Clinton administration, she chaired the International Security Program at the Carnegie Corporation of New York and the Secure Society Program at the W. Alton Jones Foundation in Charlottesville, Virginia. She was Deputy Assistant Secretary of State in the Carter administration and Director of the Project on World Security of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund." 
- Advisory board, Women in International Security
- Vice President, Program on Philanthropy and Social Innovation 
- Ambassadors Council, Freedom from Hunger 
- Former U.S. Executive Director, Physicians for Social Responsibility (1985 Nobel Peace Prize winner).
- International Advisory Council, Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice 
- Advisory group, African Philanthropy Forum 
- "Biography", Accessed January 2007.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Staff, Nonprofit Sector Research Fund, accessed September 28, 2009.
- Ambassadors Council, Freedom from Hunger, accessed April 30, 2010.
- Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice International Advisory Counci, organizational web page, accessed June 19, 2012.
- APF Advisory Group Members, African Philanthropy Forum, accessed January 18, 2021.