International Obesity Task Force
The International Obesity Task Force (IOTF) describes itself "as a research-led think tank and advocacy arm of the International Association for the Study of Obesity."
- "The IOTF is working to alert the world to the growing health crisis threatened by soaring levels of obesity. It works with the World Health Organization, other NGOs and stakeholders to address this challenge. The IOTF's mission is to inform the world about the urgency of the problem and to persuade governments that the time to act is now," it states on its website. 
In 2002 the IOTF merged with the International Association for the Study of Obesity.
- Prof Claude Bouchard, IASO President
- Prof Philip James, IASO Senior Vice President, Public Health and Policy, Chairman IOTF
- Kate Baillie, Executive Director
- Neville Rigby, Director of Policy and Public Affairs
- Tim Lobstein, IOTF Childhood/Prevention Coordinator
- Rachel Jackson Leach, Senior Policy Officer
- Euan Woodward, International Conference Manager
- Kelly Robinson, Education and Headquarters Support Manager
- Una Murray, Finance and Operations Manager
- Liz Freeman, Conference and Adminstrative Assistant:
- 231 North Gower Street,
- London NW1 2NR, United Kingdom
- Ph: +44 (0) 20 7691 1900
- Fax: +44 (0) 20 7387 6033
- Web: http://www.iaso.org
- e-mail: inquiries At iaso.org / obesity At iotf.org
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Pages
- Ray Moynihan, "Obesity task force linked to WHO takes "millions" from drug firms", British Medical Journal, June 17, 2006. (Sub req'd).
- Paul Z Zimmet and W Philip T James, "The unstoppable Australian obesity and diabetes juggernaut. What should politicians do?", Medical Journal of Australia, Volume 185, Number 4, August 21, 2006, pages 187-188.
- J. Eric Oliver, Fat Politics: The Real Story Behind America's Obesity Epidemic, New York, Oxford University Press, 2006.