Insight Meditation Society
"Founded in 1975, the Insight Meditation Society (IMS) is a 501 (c) (3) religious nonprofit organization.,, All retreats provide instruction and practice in insight (vipassana) and/or lovingkindness (metta) meditations...
"Two of the Guiding Teachers are Sharon Salzberg and Joseph Goldstein, who — together with Jack Kornfield — established IMS over 34 years ago. Today, they are preeminent teachers and authors. Sharon Salzberg’s publications include Real Happiness, Faith and Lovingkindness. Joseph Goldstein is the author of One Dharma: The Emerging Western Buddhism, Insight Meditation and A Heart Full of Peace.
"Other Guiding Teachers are Christina Feldman, author, and co-founder of Gaia House in England; Carol Wilson, a meditation teacher for 25 years; Narayan Liebenson Grady, a guiding teacher of the Cambridge Insight Meditation Center (CIMC) in Cambridge, MA; Guy Armstrong from Spirit Rock Meditation Center in Woodacre, CA and Rodney Smith, founding and guiding teacher for the Seattle Insight Meditation Society." 
Accessed March 2012: 
- President – Steve Tuttleman
- Vice President – Rosemary Blake
- Secretary/Treasurer – Linda Spink
- Bob Agoglia , Guy Armstrong, Rosemary Blake, Mark Dillon, Christina Feldman, Joseph Goldstein , Ed Hong, Narayan Liebenson Grady, Allyson Pimentel, Martin Ravin, John Ryan, Sharon Salzberg, Rodney Smith, Linda Spink, Francine Thomas, Steve Tuttleman, DaRa Williams, Carol Wilson, Bill Woodson
Resources and articles
- Listening Wellness Center
- Mirabai Bush
- Gina Sharpe (Meditation)
- Roger Ash-Wheeler
- Ruth Denison
- Erik Braun, The Birth of Insight: Meditation, Modern Buddhism, and the Burmese Monk Ledi Sayadaw (University of Chicago Press, 2013).