Hina Jilani, Director, AGHS Legal Aid Clinic; Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary General on Human Rights Defenders. Hina Jilani has been at the forefront of the movement for peace, human rights and women’s rights in Pakistan for the last two decades. A founding member of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, Jilani currently serves as the Commission’s vice president. She is an advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan, and has steadfastly represented those whose human rights have been violated, including victims of domestic violence, fundamentalist violence, and so-called “honor killings,” as well as bonded workers. In 2001, Ms. Jilani was appointed Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General on the situation of human rights defenders. In that same year, she was also awarded the Millennium Peace Prize, the first award of its kind to recognize women who have made outstanding contributions to building peace." 
- Chair, International Council on Human Rights Policy
- Special Mandate Holder, United Nations Human Rights Commission 
- Director, Human Rights Watch 
- Director, Fund for Global Human Rights
- Advisory Council, International Service for Human Rights
- "Biography", Accessed March 2007.