Henry Schwarz "is an Associate Professor of English at Georgetown University, where he was Director of the Program on Justice and Peace from 1999- 2007. His books include Writing Cultural History in Colonial and Postcolonial India (1997), and Constructing the Criminal Tribe in Colonial India: Acting Like a Thief (2010), and co-edited volumes Reading the Shape of the World: Toward an International Cultural Studies (1996) and A Companion to Postcolonial Studies (2000). He is General Editor of the forthcoming Blackwell Encyclopedia of Postcolonial Studies. His areas of specialization include literary theory, cultural studies, South Asia regional studies and comparative literature. Current research and writing bring him increasingly closer to human rights, indigenous people, and creative practices of social change."  CV
According to his CV in 2001 he was a Finalist for a World Bank Development Marketplace Grant.
Affiliations (from CV)
- CEO, Vimukta, Inc., 501©3, Incorporated October 2007
- Peace Action, Steering Committee since 2002
- Green Party, Member since 2002
- Certified Legal Observer, National Lawyers Guild
Resources and articles
- Henry Schwarz, Georgetown University, accessed April 16, 2010.