Help Darfur Now
Help Darfur Now (HDN), "a non-profit organization founded by three high school students, whose mission is to raise awareness of and funds for the victims of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan. Since its inception in 2005, HDN has grown to include more than 250 nationwide chapters involving thousands of students." 
"In 2005, co-founder Arielle Wisotsky saw an exhibit on the situation in Darfur while visiting the Holocaust museum in Washington, DC and decided to take action.
"She contacted two friends, David and Eric Messinger, and they began sending out fundraising letters hoping to raise $1000 to send to refugee camps.
"We have greatly exceeded the initial fundraising goal, as HDN has raised over $400,000 for Doctors Without Borders, the International Rescue Committee, the UNHCR and other relief organizations. These organizations supply food, medicine, and other supplies to victims of the genocide in Darfur. HDN has also contributed to the Save Darfur Coalition for awareness raising." 
Work Endorsed By
Accessed August 2008: 
- Governor Jon Corzine (N J)
- George Clooney (Academy Award Winner)
- Manute Bol (former NBA basketball player and activist)
- Rev. Al Sharpton (National Action Network)
- Russell Simmons (Founder, Def Jam Recordings, Chairman Foundation for Ethnic Understanding)
- Former Marine Captain Brian Steidle (advisor to African Union forces in Darfur)
- Martin Sheen, actor and activist
- Mike Farrel - actor and activist