"Trained as a pediatrician, Helen has devoted 35 years to an international public education campaign about the medical hazards of nuclear power. She founded Women's Action for Nuclear Disarmament and Physicians for Social Responsibility, whose international umbrella group was awarded the 1985 Nobel Peace Prize. A widely published author of many articles and five books, Helen has received numerous awards for her work, including 19 honorary doctoral degrees. She is the founding president of the Nuclear Policy Research Institute and divides her time between the U.S. and Australia."  CV
She hosts a radio show on Progressive Radio Network.
- Director, War and Peace Foundation 
- Circle of Advisors, Rachel's Network
- Scientific Committee, IDEAS Foundation for Progress 
- Recipient of Promoting Enduring Peace Gandi Peace Prize
- The Real News: International Founding Committee
- Advisory Board, Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space 
- International Advisory Board, Centre for Change 
- International Advisory Board, Global Peace Centre 
- Winner of the 2003 Lannan Foundation Cultural Freedom Prize 
- Sonali Kolhatkar, “’Saving’ Afghan Women,” Znet, May 9, 2002.
- George Monbiot, "The unpalatable truth is that the anti-nuclear lobby has misled us all", The Guardian, April 5, 2011.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Helen Caldicott, Rachel's Network, accessed September 17, 2008.
- Directors, War and Peace Foundation, accessed January 8, 2009.
- Scientific Committee, IDEAS Foundation for Progress, accessed October 18, 2011.
- Board, Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space, accessed December 12, 2011.
- Centre for Change Supporters, organizational web page, accessed February 6, 2012.
- Global Peace Centre People, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- Cultural Freedom Prize, Lannan Foundation, accessed December 10, 2008.