Griffith University is an Australian public university (founded in 1971) with four campuses in Brisbane and one at the Gold Coast, Queensland. It currently has 27,000 students and 6000 staff.
Griffith University Law School
The Griffith University Law School (GULS) has been ranked as No. 1 in the country by the respected publication, the "Good Universities Guide", both in 2005 and 2006.
The 2005 University Council
- CHANCELLOR - Ms Leneen Forde
- DEPUTY CHANCELLOR - Mr Henry Smerdon
VICE CHANCELLOR AND PRESIDENT - Professor Ian O'Connor
MEMBERS APPOINTED BY THE GOVERNOR-IN-COUNCIL
- Mr Ian Alderdice
- Mr Mark Gray
- Ms Rachel Hunter
- Mr Michael Lake
- The Hon Justice Margaret McMurdo
- Mr Garry Redlich
- Mr Henry Smerdon
FOUR ADDITIONAL MEMBERS APPOINTED BY THE COUNCIL
TWO MEMBERS OF THE ACADEMIC STAFF OF THE UNIVERSITY, ELECTED BY THE ACADEMIC STAFF OF THE UNIVERSITY
- Dr Michael Barry
- Ms Margaret Lee
ONE MEMBER OF THE GENERAL STAFF OF THE UNIVERSITY, ELECTED BY THE GENERAL STAFF OF THE UNIVERSITY - Ms Kaye Dillon
ONE POSTGRADUATE STUDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY, ELECTED BY THE POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY - Ms Heather Douglas
ONE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY, ELECTED BY THE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY - Mr Brenton Hill
2006 Meeting dates 
- 6 March (Nathan)
- 2 May (Logan)
- 5 June (Mt Gravatt) (Date reserved for meeting if necessary)
- 7 August (Gold Coast)
- 2 October (South Bank)
- 4 December (Nathan)
Collaboration with Lowy Institute
"Announced by Lowy Institute Director Allan Gyngell and GAI Director Professor Michael Wesley, the project will bring together the resources and expertise of two of Australia’s most important Asia research institutions." 
Corporate influence on campus
For a full list see…
Unethical corporations on campus
- Web: http://www.gu.edu.au
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Neoliberals and public education in Australia
- Asia Pacific Centre for Sustainable Enterprise
- Queensland Water Infrastructure
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Queensland
- Michael Wesley
- Glyn Davis
- Bonny Robertson
- Ian Lowe
- The Natural Edge Project
- L. Roy Webb - Former Vice Chancellor
- Peter Oliver
- Chilla Bulbeck - former staff
- John Mackenzie
- Sara Davies
- World first police and security research centre opens in Brisbane, Griffith Univesity, accessed February 24, 2008.
- Joint project focuses on China's future, Griffith University, accessed April 19, 2008.
Critiques of University
- J. Mckeen Cattell, University Control (The Science Press, 1913).
- Ernest Hollis, Philanthropic Foundations and Higher Education (Columbia University Press, 1938).
- David Smith, Who Rules the Universities? An Essay in Class Analysis (Monthly Review Press, 1974).
- Joe Feagin and Hernan Vera, Liberation Sociology (Westview, 2001).
- Eric Gould, The University in a Corporate Culture (Yale University Press, 2003).