Gordon S. Macklin
The Alexis de Tocqueville Institution (AdTI) gave on April 11, 2001 the 'Alexis de Tocqueville Statesmanship Award 2000' to
Gordon Macklin and the men and women of the National Association of Security Dealers Automated Quotation system, or "NASDAQ." 
Gordon Macklin is currently AdTI's Co-Chairman 'Market History Research Program'. Another co-chairman (Congressman Christopher Cox) received the 'Alexis de Tocqueville Statesmanship Award 1999'.
Gordon Macklin was a board member of WorldCom Inc in which investors lost billions when the company collapsed following a massive accounting scandal. In 2005 he agreed with 9 other former board members to pay $54 million, including $18 million in personal funds, to settle their portion of a class-action lawsuit brought by investors in WorldCom.
- "Nasdaq Marks 30th Anniversary", NASDAQ, February 8, 2001
- "Alexis de Tocqueville Statesmanship Award 1987-2003", Alexis de Tocqueville Institution
- "Gordon S Macklin", Forbes
- C. Benjamin Ford, "Life after Nasdaq", The Business Gazette', July 6, 2001
- "Reports: Former WorldCom Directors To Pay $54 Million To Settle Suits", Associated Press, January 6, 2005