Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation
"Geraldine Rockefeller Dodge (April 3, 1882 – August 13, 1973) was the youngest child of Almira Geraldine Goodsell and William Avery Rockefeller, Jr., who helped found Standard Oil with his brother John D. Rockefeller, Sr. and four other partners.
"In 1907, Geraldine married Marcellus Hartley Dodge, President of the Remington Arms Company, and in 1916 they purchased the estate in Madison, New Jersey now known as Giralda Farms. Geraldine lived during the era when many of America’s great personal fortunes, including her family’s, were transformed into modern organized philanthropy. For decades, she was a great benefactress of Madison and surrounding communities... Tragically, her only child, Hartley Dodge, died in a car crash in France in 1930. Mrs. Dodge's legacy since her death in 1973 is the institutions she endowed through her will: St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center, which she established on 16 acres of her Giralda Farms estate, and the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, which, over the course of nearly 40 years, has given away almost $400 million to nonprofits. "
- Chris Daggett - president and CEO
Accessed April 2012: 
- Chairman - Christopher J. Elliman - Chief Executive Officer, Open Space Institute
- Vice Chairman - Preston D. Pinkett III - Chief Executive Officer, City National Bank
- Treasurer - Betsy S. Michel - Former Chair, Board of Trustees, St. George's School
- Katherine Adams - Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Honeywell International
- Elizabeth A. Duffy - Head Master, The Lawrenceville School
- Rose Harvey - Commissioner, New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- Thomas J. Healey - Partner, Healey Development LLC
- Carlos Hernandez - President, New Jersey City University
- Robert LeBuhn - Private Investor
- Barbara Fulton Moran - Former Executive Director, New Jersey State Council on the Arts
- Clement A. Price - Professor of History and Director, Institute on Ethnicity, Culture, and the Modern Experience, Rutgers University, Newark
- James W. Stevens - Former Chairman, Prudential Asset Management Group
- Robert H. B. Baldwin - Chairman Emeritus Retired Chairman, Morgan Stanley & Co., Inc.
- Barbara Knowles Debs - Former President, Current Trustee, New-York Historical Society
- J. Lloyd Huck - Retired Chairman of the Board, Merck and Co., Inc.
- Paul J. O'Donnell - Retired Managing Director, Marsh & McLennan, Inc.
Resources and articles
- The Democracy Collaborative
- Society of Environmental Journalists
- Rainforest Alliance
- Environmental Leadership Program
- Galef Institute
- Brenda S. Davis
- Scott McVay founding executive director of the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation (1976-1998)
- Center for Whole Communities
- David Grant - president and CEO
- Emily Style