"The International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics, called “The Geneva Association” was founded under the initiative of a committee that met for the first time on 22 September 1971 in Paris. This founding committee included Emil Frey, General Manager, Mannheimer Versicherung (Mannheim), Georges Martin, President, Royale Belge (Brussels), Ernst Meyer, General Manager, Allianz (Munich), Fabio Padoa, Chief Executive Officer, Generali (Trieste) and Bernard Pagezy, President, Paternelle (Paris)."
Former Presidents of The Geneva Association 
- Raymond Barre †, Paris (1973-1976);
- Fabio Padoa, Trieste (1976-1983);
- Julius Neave †, London (1983-1986);
- e.h. Reimer Schmidt †, Aachen (1986-1990);
- Sir Brian Corby, London (1990-1993);
- Jan H. Holsboer, Amsterdam (1993-1999);
- Walter Kielholz, Zurich (1999-2003);
- Henri de Castries, Paris (2003-2008);
- Martin J. Sullivan, Chief Executive Officer, AIG, New York (2008);
- Jacques Aigrain, Zurich (2008-2009).
Accessed May 2012: 
- Chairman: Nikolaus Von Bomhard, Chairman of the Management Board, Munich Re, Munich.
- Michael Diekkmann, Chairman of the Management Board, Allianz SE, Munich;
- Kunio Ishihara, Chairman of the Board, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Tokyo;
- John Strangfeld, Chairman and CEO, Prudential Financial, Inc., Newark.
Members of the Board
- Carlo Acutis, Vice President, Vittoria Assicurazioni, Turin;
- Sergio Balbinot, Managing Director, Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A., Trieste;
- Henri Dd Castries, Chairman of the Management Board and CEO, AXA Group, Paris;
- Patrick De Larragoitti Lucas, President, Sul America Seguros, Rio de Janeiro;
- Denis Kessler, Chairman and CEO, SCOR, Paris;
- Michel Lies, Group CEO Swiss Re Group, Zurich;
- Mike McGavick (XL Group), CEO, XL Group plc, Hamilton;
- Andrew Moss, CEO, Aviva Plc, London;
- Martin Senn, CEO, Zurich Financial Services, Zurich;
- Tidjane Thiam, Group Chief Executive, Prudential plc, London;
- Richard Ward, CEO, Lloyd's, London;
- Yan Wu, Chairman and President, The People's Insurance Company (Group) of China Ltd., Beijing.
- Dr. Matthieu Leimgruber, "Bringing private insurance back in - An international insurance think tank for the post Keynesian decades: the “Geneva Association” (1971-2000s)", Swiss National Science Foundation / International Institute of Social History (Amsterdam) paper presented at the 11th conference of the European Business History Association, Geneva, September 2007.