"GMB is a general union - which means that anyone can join us. GMB has almost 610,000 members working in every part of the economy. One in every 32 people at work in the UK is a member of GMB. GMB is organised in 34 of the UK's biggest 50 companies."  GMB is one of the three largest affiliates to the Labour Party in the UK alongside UNISON and Unite.
- General Secretary 2005–present Paul Kenny
Resources and articles
- Trade unions in the United Kingdom
- Tess Gill
- Ruth Smeeth
- Donna Covey - former national officer
- Debbie Coulter - former deputy general secretary
- GMB About, organizational web page, accessed July 4, 2012.