Güreci power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Güreci power station is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Çanakkale province, Turkey.
The map below shows the town of Lapseki, the proposed location for the plant.
Background on Plant
Atlas Enerji Üretim A.Ş. has applied for a license for a 1,320 MW coal plant in the town of Lapseki, Turkey, using imported coal.
As of June 2019 the project is no longer on the Turkey Energy Market Regulatory Authority website, meaning it is not seeking a generation license, nor a list of pending EIAs. The project appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Atlas Enerji Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company: Diler Holding
- Location: Lapseki town, Lapseki district, Çanakkale province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 40.343889, 26.683611 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source: Domestic
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Elektrik Piyasası Önlisansları," epdk.org.tr, accessed June 2015
- Communication with CAN Europe, June 2019