Güney Akdeniz power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Güney Akdeniz power station is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hatay province, Turkey.
The map below shows Arsuz, the proposed location for the plant.
Background on Plant
Papatya Elektrik Üretim has proposed a 2 x 660 MW coal plant in Arsuz, İskenderun.
The power station's EIA was rejected in July 2017, and the plant is no longer on the Turkey Energy Market Regulatory Authority website seeking a generation license. The project appears to be shelved.
- Sponsor: Papatya Elektrik Üretim
- Parent company:
- Location: Arsuz, İskenderun, Hatay province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 41.2408, 27.6967 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1&2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "EIA report," March 9, 2016
- Communication with CAN Europe, December 2017