Franck Kamunga Cibangu
Franck Kamunga Cibangu, DRC
From 2007: He "is a human rights and humanitarian law activist currently based in Kenya. He is the director of the Droits Humains Sans Frontières NGO, and coordinator of the Africa Democracy Forum, a pan-African network of 300 NGOs and activists working together on democracy, governance, and human rights. He also does research for the United States Peace Institute and the Council for the Development of Social Research in Africa, and is a member of the Steering Committee of the African Migration Alliance, which focuses on migration issues in Africa. In the past, he has served as legal adviser at the Independent Electoral Commission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. His areas of interest for SSFDD include judicial training in electoral systems, conflict resolution, and human rights advocacy." 
"n 1998, his involvement with the non-governmental organization Femmes et Enfants pour les Droits de l'Homme focused on providing legal support and humanitarian aid to families who were victims of violence. He continued to work in criminal justice as Executive Director at Droits Humains Sans Frontiers and as a legal advisor at the Independent Electoral Commission. During the last general elections in 2006, he collaborated with the police to fight against the use of torture and women's abuses by providing hotline numbers to victims where they could receive information and help, which would be the seed for his project idea for JusticeMakers." 
"Franck is a Lawuer by profession since 2002, with Masters in Democracy and Diversity from the University of Cap Town and New School Univeristy of New York." 
- Director, Actions for Genuine Democratic Alternatives (AGENDA) 
- Consultant, OKEASSOCIATES International 
- Summer Fellow (2007), Center on Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law
- Peer Reviewer for the Global Integrity Report: 2007 
Resources and articles
- ↑ Twenty-seven Stanford Summer Fellows on Democracy and Development announced for 2007, Center on Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law, accessed May 18, 2010.
- ↑ Franck Kamunga - DRC, Justice Makers, accessed May 18, 2010.
- ↑ Franck KAMUNGA's Page, Peace and Collaborative Development Network, accessed May 18, 2010.
- ↑ Actions for Genuine Democratic Alternatives, Actions for Genuine Democratic Alternatives, accessed May 18, 2010.
- ↑ Consultants, OKEASSOCIATES, accessed May 18, 2010.